[ARCHIVED] 2019 Seed Grant Competition
2019 Seed Grant Competition: Advancing the Science of Patient Engagement in Research
At a Glance
The SPOR Evidence Alliance Seed Grant aims to foster a culture of learning and innovation for graduate trainees and early career investigators in the areas of knowledge synthesis, clinical practice guidelines, and knowledge translation in a patient-oriented research environment.
- Up to two awards are available at a value of $10,000 for one year.
- Each applicant will be assessed on the following three assessment criteria: Academic Excellence, Research Impact, and Study Feasibility.
Advancing the Science of Patient Engagement in Research.
For the purpose of this grant, patient engagement is defined as a meaningful and active collaboration in governance, priority setting, conducting research, and knowledge translation.
- The applicant, or their academic supervisor, must be a member of the SPOR Evidence Alliance.
- Must be a doctoral student, post-doctoral fellow, or an early-career investigator (a full time, independent researcher for a period of 0 to 5 years) at a Canadian institution.
- Application Opens: May 29, 2019 (12:00PM EDT)
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019 (11:59PM EDT)
- Anticipated Notice of Decision: September 3, 2019 (delayed to September 30th)
- Anticipated Funding Start Date: October 1, 2019 (delayed to end of October)
For all inquiries, please contact SPOR Evidence Alliance at SPOREA@smh.ca.