Annual Seed Grant
Seed Grant Opportunity
At a Glance
The SPOR Evidence Alliance Seed Grant aims to encourage a culture of learning, innovation, and advancement of science in the areas of knowledge synthesis, guideline development, knowledge translation, and patient-oriented research by funding methods projects at the conceptual stage.
NOTE: Priority is given to proposals that aim to engage and improve health outcomes for Black, Indigenous, and socioeconomically disadvantaged populations.
Applicants wishing to apply for the seed grant must be:
- A registered member of the SPOR Evidence Alliance
Everyone is welcome to join and membership registration can be completed at the following link: https://sporevidencealliance.ca/get-involved/become-an-alliance-member/
- A doctoral student, post-doctoral fellow or an early career researcher (i.e., full-time, independent researcher for a period of 0 to 5 years)  at a Canadian institution
- If doctoral student or post-doctoral fellow, your academic supervisor/mentor must also be a member of the SPOR Evidence Alliance
- Proposed project aligns with the annual grant theme (varies every year)
Value and Duration
- Funding is available for two awards valued at $10,000 each for one year (non-renewable).
- There are no seed grant opportunities available at this time.
Past Funded Projects
For all inquiries, please contact SPOR Evidence Alliance at SPOREA@smh.ca.