Who can Join?
Membership to the Alliance is free and open to anyone that fit into one of the categories below.
- Knowledge user: An individual in a position to use research findings to make informed decisions about health policies, programs and/or practices (e.g., policy maker, health care provider, patient group).
- Patient: An overarching term inclusive of individuals with personal experience of a health issue and includes informal caregivers, including family and friends.
- Researcher: An individual with a full-time, independent research appointment at an academic or research institution (e.g., scientist, assistant professor).
- Trainee: A graduate student or post-doctoral fellow who works under the formal supervision of an independent researcher. NOTE: Must have a supervisor or mentor who is a current member of the Alliance, in order to register.
Why should you Join?
When you join the Alliance, you will have access to the following:
- Opportunities to collaborate on research projects and funding competitions and build linkages with a wide network of researchers, research trainees, patients and other knowledge users across Canada committed to making evidence-informed health systems transformations.
- Access to our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on our latest news, activities and various opportunities in research.
- The opportunity to apply to join one of six committees and provide guidance on the progress and strategic direction of the Alliance.
- The opportunity for researchers to lead research projects in response to decision-maker requests received through our query services.
- The opportunity for knowledge users, trainees, early career investigators, and patient partners to gain practical research experience through involvement in Alliance research projects.
- Opportunities for professional development with exclusive access to online courses and learning modules, workshops, and other capacity-building activities.
- The opportunity to participate in our annual Seed Grant competition for trainees and early-career researchers.
How to Join
Are you interested in becoming a member? Click the Start Registration button below.
|wdt_ID||Researcher||Trainee||Patient Partner||Knowledge User|
|1||Curriculum Vitae (CV) with full publication list||Curriculum Vitae (CV) with full publication list||Resume outlining any relevant experience||Resume outlining any relevant experience|
|2||1-page letter of motivation describing why you wish to join the Alliance||1-page letter of motivation describing why you wish to join the Alliance||1-page letter of motivation describing why you wish to join the Alliance||1-page letter of motivation describing why you wish to join the Alliance|
|3||Letter of support from a current Alliance member (your supervisor or mentor)|
Got a Question?
If you have any questions about our membership registration process, please contact us at SPOREA@smh.ca.