We Respond to Knowledge User Needs
The SPOR Evidence Alliance responds to knowledge user needs in knowledge synthesis, clinical practice guideline development, patient-oriented research, and knowledge translation. We accept service requests from policy makers, health system managers, healthcare providers, patients, and other knowledge users across Canada to respond to their priorities in knowledge synthesis, clinical practice guidelines, patient-oriented research, and knowledge translation.
We are able to respond to research queries in both English and French.
Requests from Decision-Makers
- Research queries submitted by policy makers, health system managers, and healthcare providers are carefully reviewed on an ongoing basis
- The research queries are then prioritized based on the potential impact of the research on the health of Canadian population and its healthcare system
- We can respond to requests with an urgent timeline using our Rapid Response approach and provide information in 3 months (from the time the study protocol is approved by the query submitter)
- All other requests are addressed using our Standard Response approach, whereby requested information is provided in 12 months (from the time the study protocol is approved by the query submitter)
Requests from Patients
- Research queries submitted by patients are reviewed once a year and prioritized using the James Lind Alliance (JLA) approach by a panel of patients, healthcare providers, and other knowledge users
- The top 3 research priorities will be completed within one year